Access and Security
For Monthly Members
- A huge part of both safety and security here at the Asylum is knowing who is in the building. For this reason, please badge in at Front Desk every time you walk past it.
- When Artisan's Asylum is locked your RFID card will let you in the front door
- Never let in anyone whose RFID card does not open the front door.
- If you see someone wandering the building without a name tag, ask kindly if you can help them. If they somehow got through a door, politely show them out.
Visitors and Guests
Non-member guests are permitted in the Asylum so long as they do not use Asylum equipment or shared areas or interfere with other members. Guests and their actions are the sole responsibility of the host member. - From the Policies and Procedures in the Membership Agreement
- You’ll need to arrange to meet your visitors at the front desk. They must be accompanied by their member host at all times.
- Guests cannot be in any of the shop areas, cannot use any equipment including hand tools, or Asylum computers
- A day pass or membership for your guest must be purchased if they want to help you in the shops (on tools for which they must be trained and tested)
- If you have a food delivery coming, be available to receive it.
Artisan's Asylum is closed to the public on the following federally observed holidays.
|Friday, January 1||New Year’s Day|
|Monday, January 18||Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.|
|Monday, February 15||Washington’s Birthday|
|Monday, May 31||Memorial Day|
|Monday, July 5||Independence Day|
|Monday, September 6||Labor Day|
|Monday, October 11||Columbus Day|
|Thursday, November 11||Veterans Day|
|Thursday, November 25||Thanksgiving Day|
|Friday, December 24||Christmas Day|