APPROVED ADVANCED USERS will now be allowed to bring in their own filament (within reason). IF YOU ARE NOT AN ADVANCED USER BUT WANT TO PRINT WITH SOMETHING THAT IS NOT SHOP PROVIDED FILAMENT EITHER CONTACT THE SHOP LEAD (firstname.lastname@example.org) TO BECOME ONE OR CONTACT SOMEONE FROM THE ADVANCED USERS LIST
- You must be an APPROVED ADVANCED USER. This is done by contacting the shop lead. Approved users will be posted in Digi Fab.
- The filament must be approved before use. We need to make sure it will not ruin the printers. I will keep a running list of approved filaments in the shop.
- You MUST only use the labeled machines. These machines are the Flashforge with no walls (left machine) and the Taz. The prusa can be used in some instances, but must be approved by the lead first. This is to ensure that people who want to use shop filament will be able to do so without interruption.
- You MUST load the shop filament back into the machine when you are done. This will help avoid confusion and bad prints.
- You are responsible for creating your own profiles and keeping them in a secure location. Machines in Digi Fab are wiped occasionally and nothing on the MPR1 computers is secure. If you are interested in learning how to do this please email the shop lead so we can start making a list of interested people.
- You must continue to use reservations. Make sure to leave a comment that you are using your own filament.