Communication, Networking and IT- UPDATE !!!!
As much happens online at the Asylum as happens in our shops. This has been made more true during these Covid-19 times. To help you navigate to the spaces and tools where you can learn, connect and share online, we've put together this guide of our email lists, forums, and third party tools.
- Business Email - Getting Work Done
- Online Tools and Apps - Transactions and Coordination
- Social Media - Spreading the Word
Business Email - Getting Work Done
Figuring out who to reach about what and when and how can be a challenge at the Asylum. Here are a few hot tips.
- Email (Go to, must have communication tools)
- email@example.com gets you the friendly folks who tend to the front desk. They're a font of knowledge about the Asylum, and tend to important and helpful tasks like mail sorting.
- firstname.lastname@example.org will get you the Executive Director. Handy for big picture ideas, feedback and support. Not always the fastest, but certainly a good place to write about collaboration or out of frustration.
- email@example.com is our Director of Facilities and Shops Operations. Reach out if you encounter a failing system, shortage of supplies, or you have questions about shop operations, studios and storage.
- firstname.lastname@example.org is like tech support. For everything from help accessing our network to reporting wifi outages and glitches. Also a great place to hit up for special requests like sandbox testing and VPN support.
- email@example.com gets you answers to general support questions that include billing, membership change requests, new member orientations, and general "how to" kinds of things.
- firstname.lastname@example.org reaches our Director of Education. Especially helpful during Covid-19 for scheduling one-on-one training and testing sessions. Also a great place to pitch your class ideas.
Online Tools and Apps - Transactions and Coordination
NEEDS UPDATE !!!!
Online tools (Our work depends on these tools)
- BookStack (http://bookstack.artisansasylum.com) is our wiki, and you're here! Bookmark this resource as your online reference desk.
- ??? Club Automation (http://artisans.clubautomation.com) is our member management software. It's where billing and important emails get sent from. Please make sure your account information is up to date.
- Forums (http://forums.artisansasylum.com) powers our bulletin board system, where we post updates, resources, and host a variety of ongoing community discussions.
- Google Groups powers our business emails and our discussion lists. These include:
- Shop specific communication
- Community-wide conversations
- ??? Skedda (http://artisans.skedda.com) is our online booking calendar. It's where you need to book your time in all shops and on some machines.
- We use WordPress to power our website, where you can manage your membership level, start or cancel a studio, or pause your membership here:
- Venmo (we are @artisansasylum) powers payments, including the Snack Emporium and Digital Fabrication shop.
Social Media - Spreading the Word
- Instagram is @artisansasylum and we love to share your project and process photos so send 'em our way! Give us a follow.
- Our Facebook group is a great place to share updates, events and announcements. Join the online community at: https://www.facebook.com/ArtisansAsylum
- LinkedIn is pretty mellow; a place to connect with professionals, find and post jobs, and follow our updates:
- Slack is used for internal discussion, shop updates, requests for help and more. You can join here:
- We're on Twitter (@artisansasylum) even though we don't use it as often as we should!